Opendoor Kids Conference
June 24th, 2017
Our dynamic Kids Conference will help your child discover God’s Word in an exciting and unforgettable way! At every session, they will learn important concepts that are reinforced with Bible verses, worship, and fun games made just for them. Our Kids Conference is open for all children entering 1st through 6th grade.
Mission Trip | South Africa
August 4th - August 13th, 2017
About this Project
We are excited to partner with Impact Africa in Johannesburg, South Africa, to impact the lives of some of South Africa’s poorest through hands-on ministry experiences. We will be serving on the front lines of missions in many practical ways such as: House-to-House Ministry, Children’s Programs, Youth Ministry Service Projects, Primary and High School Programs, and Humanitarian Relief*.
Training prior to the trip and on-site will be provided to prepare and equip our team to effectively share the Gospel. Throughout the week we will be taking part in what the long-term Impact Africa missionaries are doing year-round. Having the opportunity to see God’s creation, learn new traditions and culture, hear the stories of His children, and share your own story will be an unforgettable, heart-changing experience! *Activities and ministry will be defined as trip date approaches.
The cost is estimated at $2,800* per person. The cost of $1,100 will include all housing, meals, transportation, safari with bush braai (barbeque), any additional activities, one nice dinner out, all ministry set up, ministry supplies and translators. The estimated cost for airfare is $1,700. Opendoor Church does not assume financial responsibility for any trip nor sponsor fundraising.Trip cost is estimated based on airfare and is subject to change if there are any major fluctuations in the exchange rate
Additional Trip Expenses
- Passport fees
- Personal Expenses for clothing, necessities, etc.
- International Health insurance (Required by Impact Africa)
What are the accommodations?
We will be staying in one of three main facilities used by Impact Africa for a number of years. All facilities are located in the Gauteng province. None of the locations have heat of any kind, but hot water is available at all locations, along with normal beds, showers and toilets.
Payment Deadlines (if accepted)
- May 28, 2017: $500 non-refundable deposit
- June 14, 2017*: $1,300
- July 1, 2017: $1,000 or remaining balance based on actual cost of airfare
- *Deadline is approximate and depends on best time to purchase airfare
Once accepted on the team, attendance to pre-trip trainings and team building and post-trip debriefing will be expected/required by all team members. Meeting dates to be announced.
- Application must be submitted by April 19, 2017
- Complete all four steps of Growth Track by June 25, 2017
- Valid Passport with at least 2 blank visa pages and valid through March 5, 2018
- Successful background check; the nature of our work in South Africa is with minors. A background check application will be e-mailed to you from HireRight.com
- Successful face-to-face interview
- Please include a current photo of yourself (no selfies, please!)
- Minors 16 years or older will be considered but are required to complete additional paperwork before acceptance (Required by South Africa immigration laws)